Top 7 tools required for Electronics Lab setup
Essential Required tools for Personal Electronics Lab
In this short post, we are going to discuss what are the basic tools required to setup the personal Electronics lab for electronics hobbyist.
To do the construction of an electronics project,we need a few basic tools. In this post we had listed out essential tools required for an electronics engineer for setting up a home lab.
- Soldering Iron
- Wire Stripper
- Wire Cutters
- Needle-Nosed Pliers
- Screw Driver Set
- The first and most important tool is the soldering iron.
- Soldering irons come in a wide array of sizes and power ratings.
- A small 25-watt iron with a fine tip enough for us. Apart from this, only a few other tools are required.
Precaution: Always remove your soldering iron from the power source as soon as you have finished soldering.
- As the name implies, the wire stripper is used to remove the insulation layer from wires before we solder them.
- As shown in the above figure, gauge number(AWG) will be mentioned over it.
- Based on our cable thickness we have to use appropriate place to peal off the cable insulation layer.
- Good-quality cutters are required to cut the general-purpose wire or to trim the component leads after soldering.
- Cutting anything larger than wire will damage the cutting edges.
Small needle-nosed pliers are essential for holding component leads in place during soldering or for bending thru hole resistor pins, IC pins and solid wires to shape.
Tweezers are useful to handle sensitive ICs and other components.
Bread boards are used to construct the demo circuits without general purpose PCBs. We will discuss in separate post about how to use breadboard or how to connect components in breadboard…
Apart from this a variety of screwdrivers with different tips (slot and cross shapes), small battery-powered drilling machine, a set of miniature open-ended wrenches (for tightening up nuts) are also useful.
You may also like to read:
Thanks for reading about Tools required for Electronics Lab setup … Please like us in Facebook… Please leave your comments below….