FET Applications - Field Effect Transistor Applications
What are the various applications of the Field Effect Transistor?
In this short post let us discuss about the various applications of FET - Field Effect Transistor. Before proceeding further it is good to refresh about the basics of FET.
The Field Effect Transistor (FET) is a semiconductor device which depends for its operation on the control of current by an electric field. Thus it is called as FET.
There are two types FET
- Junction Field Effect Transistor (JFET) or simply FET.
- Insulated Gate Field Effect Transistor IGFET.
It is also called as Metal Oxide Semiconductor (MOS) transistor or MOSFET.
Applications of Field Effect Transistor (FET):
- FET has high input impedance and low output impedance. So it is used as a buffer in measuring instruments, receivers.
- FET has low noise operation. So it is used in RF amplifiers in FM tuners and communication equipment.
- FET has low input capacitance, so it is used in cascade amplifiers in measuring and test equipment.
- Since FET is a voltage controlled device, it is used as a voltage variable resistor in operational amplifiers and tone controls.
- FET has low inner modulation distortion. So it is used in mixer circuits in FM and TV receivers, and communication equipment.
- Since it is low-frequency drifts, it is used in oscillator circuits.
- FETs are used in low-frequency amplifiers in hearing aids and inductive transducers, as the coupling capacitor is small.
- Since FET occupying less space and easy to fabricate, it is used in digital circuits in computers, LSD and memory circuits.
Thanks for reading about Applications of FET... Please leave your comments below... Please subscribe to get more posts to your mail ID...
You May also like to Read:
Crystal oscillator - Basics, Working, Frequency Response, Pros & Cons
Comparison between Synchronous Motor and 3-Phase Induction Motor
Electrical Braking System Advantages Limitations Disadvantages
Simple Arduino Project - Serial Communication Demonstration Project